Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Person in Me

Astrorat would like to dedicate the following poem to ......

My heart longs for your love and it longs for your touch.
Sometimes I worry that I want you too much.

I can't understand why I feel how I do.
All I can hope is that you like me, too.

I know it won't happen, but hey, I can dream.
You're not just a friend to me, though that's how it seems.

I can't tell you what you mean to me.
You bring out the best in me.

You drive me so crazy when you're around.
Sometimes I wonder if it's love I've found.

The feelings you've blessed me with are truly unique.
Being around you make my knees turn weak.

I can't believe that you've made me like this.
You're who I think of and who I miss.

I can't get you off my mind.
Really, truly, you're one of a kind

Astrorat would like to thank ..... for being an inspiration in writing!

5 comments:

mythsn_legends said...

Beautifully written poem ;)

Steph said...

:)

Anonymous said...

I'm neither great at writing poetry nor am I any good at deciphering it (my disclaimer if ive missed the point by a hundred yards). So, is this poem about not being able to 'confess', or was it about unrequited love? If it is about the latter, Charlie Brown put it so aptly when he said "nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love". Even if this post wasn't about UL, I'd like to share a poem I found a while back. I like the imagery used and the ability of such simple words to convey so much. It's a tad too long for a 'comment', but my web manners aren't that good anyway....;p

"I wish this poem were pixie dust" - Nicholas Gordon

I wish this poem were pixie dust
To throw into your eyes
And make you see the loveliness
Beneath my sad disguise.

And I would take you in my arms
And weave a magic spell
That I could utter anytime
To make you love me well.

But alas my simple words
Are like summer rain
That drums on hills and fields and hearts,
Then vanishes again.

And though my love might make you bloom,
You turn with fragile grace
To gaze in aching loneliness
At someone else's face.

We lust for what we cannot have,
A long, unbroken chain
Of lovers who remain unloved
And loved who love in vain.

While I'm near mad with wanting you
As trees must have the sun,
You cannot help but find a love
Who loves another one.

----

If this is the 2nd time you get this, I'm sorry. Something odd happened earlier. And hey, I liked your lil poem.

*k.

Dr. Deborah Serani said...

Great poem!
Charlie Brown reference from K and the Gordon poem were also wonderful.

~Deb

astrorat said...

Dear myths n legends, i enjoyed reading it too..

Dear Steph, i know you certainly did love reading it..

Dear K, That’s a lovely poem that you have quoted. I would want to copy it down! However i wouldn’t want to comment if its UL ;)

Dear Dr. S!
You are very inspiring... thanks :)