Thursday, December 06, 2007

We bid farewell...

Dad slipped away in the morning of December 5th, 2007. This post is a tribute to his journey in life. Mom was feeding him, when he slept off, never to wake. I take solace in knowing that his transition was peaceful.

Not sure if there ever can be a perfect good bye. I am on my way back to Sri Lanka to observe final rights.

I am not sure I want to see him in a state any different from the many memories that I have of him. Not sure if that is what he wants from me either.

I am privileged to have with me the company of my family. They are a huge strength to me as I am to them. I am honoured to have the support of my friends. Most of all, I am grateful for memories that I have of Dad.

I wish I were able to do more.

I feel numb.

3 comments:

hlpe said...

"Blessed are those who mourn,for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4

Dr. Deb said...

Sending you heartfelt condolences.

HobbiT said...

Oh, Raam! I'm so sorry!
*hugs* My sincerest condolences to you and your family... *bear hugs*